If you are like many of us, you may be experiencing burnout during this time of year.
In fact, it's rare to really and truly relax and rest during the holiday season and to feel fully caught up before the new year is upon us!
What burnout & the fear of burnout have to teach us is incredibly valuable.
1. Burnout may be showing us that we are not super skilled at managing our daily calendars.
Also, scheduling your day without building in time to drive from one place to the next can have us constantly 15-30 minutes behind schedule ALL DAY LONG!
Don't do it to yourself. You'll carry stress into each activity, meeting, and social gathering of the day if you are constantly running behind because you didn't build in enough time for travel or for nourishing your body through food.
2. Burnout may be showing up to let you know you need to value your sleep a little more.
3. Burnout may be showing up to let you know that you need to re-prioritize your daily activities.
If you find yourself running from one activity to the next that does not actually line up with your deeper purpose and your individual set of priorities, you will be experiencing burnout.
Burnout is a great opportunity to re-prioritize your day-to -day.
4. Burnout may be showing up to let you know that you are not aware how your daily activities DO in fact serve your priorities.
5. Burnout may be showing up to let you know that you don't really know how to say 'Yes' and how to say 'No'!
Burnout may be something you go through only once before you learn to make a change or, if you are anything like me, you have to go through it 20+ times to learn to make some healthy changes!
A lot of folks put off change of any kind during this time of year. They say, 'I'm not going to change now.
I'll change January 1st.'
But the truth is, now is the perfect time to tune in and listen to yourself.
Check in with yourself and you can ease those burnout symptoms before they get out of control.
Plus, how are you going to start all your amazing creative projects on January 1st of this year if you are suffering from serious burnout?
It'll be March before you know what hit you!
and beginning of another.